(This Policy Directive Obsoletes PD #06-12-OPE, PB #02-93-OPE, and PB #02-99-OPE
This policy directive has been revised to inform staff about updated instructions concerning the provision of interpreter assistance including:
• emphasizing that the bilingual Worker speak the applicant’s/participant’s language;
• the distribution of Local Law Forms (LLFs) and documenting heir use in the applicant’s/participant’s case record;
• the provision of application/recertification kits in the pplicant’s/participant’s preferred language (if available);
• the utilization of the redesigned Language Card (W-194); and
• the new contact number for HRA’s Office of Refugee and mmigrant Affairs (ORIA).