This policy bulletin is to remind staff at the Job Centers that a request for an establishment of a home grant (Single Issuance Code 60) can only be granted if the household meets any one of the following criteria in addition to all other standard eligibility requirements :
• An individual or family temporarily housed in a hotel, motel, homeless shelter, residential program for victims of domestic violence or other temporary accommodation to which the individual or family has been referred by the center is being permanently rehoused in unfurnished housing accommodations, and suitable furnished accommodations are not available.
• An unattached individual who is discharged from an institution and is determined to be capable of maintaining an apartment in the community and suitable furnished accommodations are not available.
• An adult who is discharged from an institution and wishes to rejoin his family, which is in need of additional furniture to provide adequate shelter for him.
• A child is returned to his/her parents, who are in need of additional furniture to provide adequate shelter for him.
• It is essential that an individual or family be re-housed in unfurnished accommodations in order to safeguard his/their health, safety and well-being. In this instance the individual’s/family’s living situation is adversely affecting his/their physical and mental health and thus the need for the move.