(This Policy Directive Replaces PD #11-29-ELI)
This Policy Directive has been revised as follows:
• Opening dates for the regular and emergency components of the
Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) have been included
for the 2012–2013 heating season.
• The one-time base benefit for applicants who use oil, kerosene,
or propane for heating has been increased to $600.
• Regular HEAP benefits must not be issued during the Utility
Termination Holiday Moratorium period.
• The HEAP Field Office Locations for the 2012-2013 HEAP
Season (Attachment A) has been updated.
• References to the Food Stamp (FS) Program have been changed
• The closing date to accept HEAP applications for the repair or
replacement of heating equipment is February 1, 2013.
• Paperless Office System (POS) Implications have been updated
to include updated POS screens and instructions.