(This Policy Directive Replaces PD #09-17-ELI)
This policy directive has been revised to include information that the:
• Food Stamp Telephone Recertification Brochure (BRC-901D) must be provided to applicants at the initial application interview.
• Eligibility Specialist (ES)/Worker must complete the Approval Assignment window in the Food Stamp Paperless Office System (FS POS) and select the Supervisor who will review the deferral.
• Supervisor must approve or disapprove the new Approve FS Recert Deferral activity created in FS POS.
• Food Stamps – Request For Contact/Missed Interview (LDSS-4753) is only required to be sent to individuals who file a NCA FS application/recertification form.
• FS POS will prevent posting of a Y10 closing (Failure to Recertify) if a case is not in active (AC) status and will warn the user about pending Turn-Around Document (TAD) transactions in the Welfare Management System (WMS) prior to transmission.
• Notice of Rescheduled Food Stamp Telephone Recertification Interview (W-908F) must be sent to participants who request a new time and date for their telephone recertification interview.
• Participants who contact NCA FS Centers during the last month of their certification periods to schedule appointments must be accommodated. The scheduled appointment dates should be prior to the end of their certification periods.