This policy directive is being revised to reflect the following:
• “and Maltreatment” was added to the title;
• “within 48 hours” was added to the mandated reporting requirement section on page 2;
• Section 419 of the Social Services Law, which addresses immunity from civil/criminal liability when a report of child abuse/maltreatment is made in good faith, was added on page 3;
• “Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)” and “in instances of residential/institutional abuse, submit the original copy of the LDSS-2221-A directly to the State Central Register, P.O. Box 4480, Albany, New York 12204-0480” was added to the Required Action section on page 3.
• the bulleted information on page 4 concerning the refusal or failure of the worker to report suspected abuse was deleted and the paragraph explaining the supervisor’s responsibilities was rewritten.