(This Policy Directive Replaces PD #09-14-OPE and Obsoletes CD #09-19)
This policy directive has been revised to:
• provide instructions for utilizing the newly developed Office of Refugee and Immigrant Affairs (ORIA) Language Access Information Card (Attachment B);
• provide a list of guidelines for working with interpreters titled "Helpful Tips For Working With An Interpreter" (Attachment C);
• inform staff that Workers are no longer required to notify a LESA liaison prior to accessing the telephone interpretation service;
• inform staff that ORIA will only authorize on-site interpreters for in-Center visits if the Center can present a compelling reason for not utilizing the telephone interpretation contract; and
• inform staff that a new Tracking Language Indicators screen has been integrated into the Paperless Office System (POS).