(This Policy Directive Replaces PD #06-29-ELI)
This policy directive has been revised to reflect the following:
• An Emergency Assistance to Needy Families (EAF) Agreement to Repay Excess Shelter Arrears (W-147KK) form must be completed by applicants for EAF, including those requesting an EAF grant in excess of the Agency maximum monthly shelter allowance.
• Applicants with an emergency shelter need must be referred to the Rental Assistance Unit (RAU), which will determine the applicant's eligibility for emergency assistance.
• When an applicant for ongoing Cash Assistance (CA) has an emergency need for shelter arrears, the JOS/Worker must complete the Determination of Eligibility for Emergency Assistance to Needy Families (EAF) (W-145TT) form to determine EAF eligibility. The Required Action section of this procedure has been revised to instruct JOS/Workers on how to proceed based on the applicant's eligibility or ineligibility for EAF and ongoing CA.
• For participants requesting an advance allowance for emergency shelter assistance, the JOS/Worker must remember to annotate the request using the Single Issue Grant Request screen in POS.
• Billing for repayment agreements is initiated by the Investigation, Revenue and Enforcement Administration (IREA) Division of Claims and Collections.
• The Emergency Safety Net Assistance (ESNA) Shelter Arrears Repayment Agreement form (W-147H) and Form W-147KK have been revised to update the routing instructions.
• The worksheet portion of Form W-147H was recently removed.
• The worksheet portion was moved to the Shelter Arrears Repayment Agreement Worksheet (W-147F) form, which helps determine whether a repayment agreement is necessary for applicants requesting emergency shelter arrears under ESNA or Emergency Assistance to Needy Families with Children (EAF).