(This Policy Directive Replaces PD #08-41-ELI)
This Policy Directive has been revised to include the following:
• The 2009–2010 Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) season< opening date of November 2, 2009, has been added.
• The Program Description section has been updated to include a requirement for all heating service contracts for applicants to contain a clause stating that ongoing service beyond single cleaning and adjustment will be covered by the service contract.
• The Program Description section has been updated to include information on resource limits.
• The Program Description section has been updated to reflect the one-time flat benefit amount of $600 for applicants who use oil, kerosene, or propane for heating.
• All references to the point system, by which HEAP benefits were calculated in the past, have been removed.
• All references to a supplemental HEAP benefit, which was available during the 2008–2009 HEAP Season, have been removed.
• If an applicant refuses to use a participating fuel vendor, he/she will not be eligible for a HEAP benefit or an emergency fuel delivery through the Emergency Assistance to Adults (EAA) or Emergency Assistance to Needy Families with Children (EAF) programs.
• When an energy emergency is met with either a HEAP referral or a One-Shot Deal, the applicant/participant must be given a notice on the day of the decision, to clearly explain how the emergency need will be met.
• The list of HEAP offices (Attachment A) has been updated to reflect the current locations of the HEAP offices.