(This Policy Directive Replaces PD #08-29-ELI)
The Food Stamp (FS) Implications section of this policy directive has been revised to address the following changes:
* FS eligibility determinations for all clients in congregate care are made by Job Center staff.
* Residents of congregate care facilities are eligible for FS under certain conditions.
* Residents who do not receive Retirement, Survivors, or Disability Insurance (RSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) but who are receiving "treatment and care" within the facility are considered to be disabled.
* Applicants/participants residing in congregate care facilities, except for Drug/Alcohol Residential Treatment Facilities, may apply for FS either on their own behalf, through an authorized representative employed and designated by the facility, or through an authorized representative of their choice.
* Applicants/participants residing in Congregate Care Level 2 Drug/Alcohol Residential Treatment Facilities must apply for FS through an authorized representative employed and designated by the facility.
* New applicants must be screened to determine whether they are eligible for expedited FS service.
* The Shelter Rates and Personal Needs Allowance for Congregate Care Facilities Desk Aid (W-200G) has been revised to reflect the new rates.