Are you looking to build your career in an exciting office, engaging in rewarding and meaningful work? The Delaware County Public Defender's Office has an opening for an Assistant Public Defender in our Family Court Unit. Admission to the New York State Bar is required. A valid NYS Driver’s License is also required.
In this position, you will be representing individuals with low incomes eligible for assigned counsel services in Family Court, as assigned by the Public Defender. You will work with our clients at every stage of the proceedings. Representation will include: child custody/visitation proceedings, family offense proceedings, child neglect/abuse proceedings, termination of parental rights proceedings, and child support violation matters.
- Represents Family Court litigants as assigned by the Public Defender.
- Represents and counsels clients at every stage of the proceedings.
- Draft and file petitions as necessary to protect and advance the rights of clients.
- Prepares any appeal which is warranted under existing circumstances.
- Admission to the Bar of the State of New York.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
Starting from $82,500/year, depending on experience.
Please send resume by email to email@example.com and/or to the office by mail at 97 Main Street, Suite 1, Delhi, NY 13753.