Rochester – Full-time, Exempt Position
Empire Justice Center, a highly respected, statewide legal services organization, is seeking an Office Manager to join our team. We employ dedicated, determined, and passionate advocates who, together, make a significant impact on the lives of low-income New Yorkers through direct legal representation and high-impact litigation, legislative and administrative advocacy, and by providing training and technical assistance to other advocates statewide.
With offices in Rochester, Albany, Westchester County, and Long Island, our organization offers staff an exciting and dynamic working environment and a strong commitment to teamwork, diversity, and personal/professional development.
The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures to ensure office effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, troubleshooting technology, and task delegation.
The successful office manager is an energetic professional who excels at wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a fast-paced office of diverse people.
The job will be performed Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that the office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Act as Empire Justice point person for the Telesca Center shared reception
- Manage and occasionally perform receptionist duties, including greeting visitors and answering and directing phone calls
- Coordinate incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Assist with the development of office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- and staff meetings
- Co-lead the Statewide Administrative Team.
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves, and with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, coordinating logistics for trainings, coordinating special projects, doing research, and creating reports
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Quick-thinking problem solver; thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer/client service-oriented mentality
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of internal management and staff as well as external clients and vendors
- Demonstrated project coordination experience and ability to prioritize concurrent responsibilities while meeting all deadlines
- 5+ years of administrative support/management experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS 365 Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Bilingual in Spanish
•Experience with MS SharePoint
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience and based on the organization's salary scale.
Empire Justice Center offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, retirement program, life insurance, vacation, holiday, personal and sick time. We are an organization that supports and encourages a work/life balance.
Empire Justice Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and desires a diverse and inclusive workforce. Federal laws prohibit job discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. People of color, women, people who are disabled, people who are elderly, and people who are LGBTQ+ are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. If interested e-mail cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the Rochester Office Manager, First/Last Name to the subject line of the email. No phone calls or hard copies, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Rochester Office Manager