Legal Aid Society of Rockland County, Inc. (LASRC) seeks one attorney IMMEDIATELY for its office in New City, New York to represent homeowners in mortgage and tax foreclosures and bankruptcy. In addition to defending clients’ rights to retain housing, the position may require affirmative litigation in state and/or federal courts. As LASRC’s current staff includes very experienced practitioners in both areas, a preference will be given to a recent law graduate within three years of admission.
Qualifications. All applicants must have:
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Commitment to public interest law.
- Commitment to fighting racism and all other forms of oppression.
- Interest in and willingness to represent individual clients as well as address systemic issues.
- Admission to the New York State Bar or eligibility to practice in New York until admission (law graduates and lawyers admitted in other states).
Fluency in Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Yiddish is a plus, but not required.
Program Profile: Rockland County is a suburban region located 30 miles northwest of New York City. LASRC has represented income-eligible clients in civil cases since its inception in 1965 and has represented children in family court since 1989. Our clients are racially, religiously, and linguistically diverse.
Salary and Benefits for admitted lawyers: Salary: DOE ($54,527-108,510). Generous benefits package.
Positions will remain open until filled. Please email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com
LASRC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply.