STAFF ATTORNEY – FAMILY LAW
The Attorney will provide legal representation to low and middle-income litigants in Family Court & Supreme Court in matrimonial cases and other family matters in Monroe, Orleans, and other surrounding counties with a focus on victims of domestic violence. The attorney will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LAS, which is the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate-income litigants. Services include direct representation, legal counseling, community outreach, education, and training.
- Juris Doctor & admission to the New York State Bar.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, and organization.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Strong negotiating ability.
- Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas efficiently and accurately.
- Respectful and empathetic consideration for clients.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and community partners.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Please send the following information to be considered:
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800, Rochester, N.Y. 14614.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.