Legal Services of the Hudson Valley (LSHV) has an immediate opening for a full-time Chief Program Officer who will be responsible for oversight of nine local offices and supporting the Attorneys-in-Charge of those offices. This position is based out of LSHV’s White Plains Office. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Program Officer (CPO) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the day-to-day running of LSHV’s local offices.
Duties of the Position:
- Leading and supervising the organization’s nine local offices and nine Attorneys-in-Charge (AICs) ensuring that each office is working consistently with LSHV’s Practice Standards and providing high quality legal services to the community.
- Assisting AICs in creating and implementing a local advocacy plan including a strategy to meet with local elected officials to discuss LSHV’s services and seek local funding;
- Serving as the representative and liaison of the Senior Leadership Team to the organization’s two Unions
- Serving as Senior Leadership’s liaison to LSHV’s Inclusion Council;
- Planning and implementing agency-wide programming such as All Staff Days, Unit Meetings, New Staff Orientation, and Supervising Attorney Training based on identified training needs;
- Working collaboratively with members of the Senior Leadership Team in providing leadership in developing and designing new programs and initiatives;
- Working collaboratively with members of the Senior Leadership Team, ensuring staffing on contracts, deliverables, and data collecting requirements are being met on all contracts;
- Partnering with Finance and Administration on development of budgets, staff allocations, and grants management;
- In consultation with the HR Manager and AICs, making decisions on personnel issues involving program staff;
- Communicating with elected officials on behalf of LSHV to educate them on the services LSHV provides and lobbying for funding;
- Representing LSHV on various statewide and local Task Forces, Working Groups, and other collaborative groups; and
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
- JD required. A minimum of 10 years of professional, legal experience overall, with at least 8 years of professional experience in a management role;
- Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats;
- Ability to travel throughout the program service area;
- A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization;
- Thorough understanding of project management; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals;
- A consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff who have differing backgrounds and work styles;
- Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to LSHV’s mission.
Salary: DOE, with excellent benefits.
Please apply at our career center by following the link below, and include cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references:
Chief Program Officer- White Plains, NY - Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our employees’ differences. Applicants of diverse race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. Our differences make us better.