Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, is seeking a qualified attorney to provide legal representation to minors in Monroe County.
This position will work with Family Court, including juvenile delinquency,
PINS, abuse/neglect, foster care placement, and custody/visitation cases. The attorney will
have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated
themselves to the mission of LAS, which is the provision of high quality civil
legal services to low and moderate-income litigants. Services include direct
representation, legal counseling, community outreach, education, and training.
- Must possess a Juris Doctor.
- Admission to the New York State Bar required but will accept applicants who have passed the Bar and waiting for Bar Admission.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of organization and independence, legal research skills, strong negotiating ability, ability to think and speak quickly and accurately.
- Excellent writing skills, respect, and consideration for clients and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others in a team.
- Reliable transportation required.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
- Writing Sample (send to email@example.com )
- Unofficial Transcripts (if admitted under two years) (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street,
Rochester, NY 14614.
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local