|Empire Justice Center attracts and employs dedicated, determined, and passionate advocates who, together, make a significant impact on the lives of low-income New Yorkers. We achieve our successes through direct legal representation and high-impact litigation, legislative and administrative advocacy, and by providing training and technical assistance to other advocates who are working towards the same goals.
With offices in Rochester, Albany, Westchester County, and Long Island, our organization offers staff an exciting and dynamic working environment and a strong commitment to teamwork, diversity, and personal/professional development.
The Information Technology Support Specialist will be responsible for administering, implementing and supporting Empire Justice Center?s 54 end users and network infrastructure located in Rochester, Albany, Long Island and Yonkers. The IT Support Specialist?s primary responsibilities include:
The primary IT resource supporting systems/areas; Dell hardware support including laptops, desktops ans server based hardware, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10, Citrix, wireless, SonicWall firewalls, VMware, Active Directory / DNS, Barracuda Spam/Email, Net Documents Document Management System, Case Management System, Symantec Endpoint Cloud Antivirus, Microsoft Office 365.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all technology issues within Empire Justice Center's computing systems and/or network environment.
- Monitor various network and server systems including Citrix remote access to ensure systems availability.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all hardware and software, track software licenses for all applications, participate in technology audits.
- Provide end-user technology training sessions that enable the effective use of technology on a daily basis.
- Review, update and recommend any new internal technology-related policies.
- Provide desktop support to end users, including troubleshooting and resolving end user issues, systems, and network related hardware, Microsoft operating systems and server/desktop applications issues.
- Administer Empire Justice Center?s telephone systems, network copiers and printers.
- Assist in the implementation of all technology moves, adds and changes including telephone, server, Exchange, remote access, and other computing tasks.
Physical requirements - must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- High aptitude for various network and systems hardware, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and administering complex systems.
- 3 or more years of IT administration and support experience, including enterprise level support and daily administrative tasks such as server maintenance, server virtualization, and resolving complex operating system and application issues.
- Experience in identifying issues and troubleshooting hardware and software problems on various computer and network platforms.
- A solid understanding of NTFS rights related to file and directory structure, clear understanding of active directory and a solid understanding of Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office 365, Office 2010/2013, and cloud based computing.
- Ability to work effectively in fast paced environment within a mission-driven organization.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a diverse workplace and with a dynamic environment.
- Experience using Case Management Systems and document management systems in a legal aid or law firm environment preferred.
- Current certifications in Microsoft Windows server and Exchange. Other certifications in Cisco, Citrix,VMware, Symantec, and SonicWall a plus.
- Ability to travel between offices as needed to support users in various geographic locations throughout NewYork State (currently Rochester, Albany, Westchester and Long Island).
Associates or Bachelor's degree in information technology.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and based on the organization's salary scale. Empire Justice Center offers a generous benefit package, including health insurance, pension and life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick time. Empire Justice Center supports and encourages a work/life balance.
Empire Justice Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse work force. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, the elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Applications accepted until position is filled. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include, Information Technology Support Specialist, First/Last Name to the subject line of the email. No phone calls or hard copies please. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Information Technology Support Specialist