The Center for Elder Law & Justice, Inc. (CELJ) is seeking a dynamic Director of Pro Bono Programs. This position has the potential to be either Full Time or Part Time, depending on the candidate.
CELJ is a 53 person nonprofit law office with three offices located throughout Western New York. It is our mission to use the legal system to help our clients live independently and with dignity.
About the Position:
The Director plays a pivotal role in helping us to nurture relationships and properly steward our donors, as well as, coordinates and facilitates pro bono work by local attorneys and law firms.
- Collaborate with development unit by attending meetings, document next steps and strategies, and help the team stay on-task to develop new and creative approaches to communicate with our donors
- Maintain project plan timelines
- Plan and implement special events, such as Elder Law Day
- Assist in all outreach, when applicable
- Assist with CELJ student/intern/volunteer program
- Build relationships with, recruit, train and support pro bono attorneys
- Some case handling, including Surrogate Court and clinics
- Travel will be required
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including events that may take place nights/evenings
- Admitted to practice in NYS
- Legal services background, or knowledge of general civil legal work, helpful
- Wills and Estates experience, preferred
- Outstanding professional, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable and engaging public speaker
- Outstanding and proven attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in understanding/implementation of social media and digital communication
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in organizing and prioritizing projects
CELJ offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Thirteen holidays a year, plus two half-day holidays
- Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Payment of license fees and association dues
- Encouragement of professional development
No phone calls please.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.