* Admission to the New York State Bar
* Minimum of two years' experience as a practicing lawyer
* Experience working with children preferred
* Experience working in immigration law preferred
* Excellent writing, analytical, oral advocacy and organizational skills
* Interest in developing new approaches to representing immigrant children with immigration issues
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team and handle a full caseload
* Ability to work with pro bono attorneys, advocates and child welfare workers
* Proficiency in languages other than English, particularly Spanish, is highly desirable
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com .