The Center for Elder Law & Justice (CELJ) is seeking a full-time Paralegal. CELJ is a 51 person nonprofit law office with three offices located throughout Western New York. It is our mission to use the legal system to help our clients live independently and with dignity.
This paralegal position will handle case work in multiple counties and be required to report to both our Buffalo and Lockport locations.
Niagara County and Orleans County coordination:
o Intake client inquiries
o Serve as primary contact for Office for the Aging
o Consumer casework
o Client Callbacks
o Regular outreach, required
- Handle all agency cases (all counties and some refugee work)
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortability and confidence with public speaking as outreach will be required
- 1-3 years of experience
- Highly motivated and passionate about public service work
- College degree, or equivalent paralegal experience required; paralegal certificate helpful
- Excellent writing, speaking and organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while exhibiting patience and diplomacy
- Travel, required
CELJ offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Thirteen holidays a year, plus two half-day holidays
- Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Encouragement of professional development
Email cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager, Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls please
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.