* Admission to New York State Bar
* Minimum of five years immigration legal practice preferred
* Comprehensive knowledge of immigration law
* Knowledge of the intersection of immigration and criminal law preferred
* Experience litigating cases in immigration court and before the BIA
* Experience representing detained immigrants in removal proceedings
* Demonstrated commitment to and experience in public interest law and civil legal services
* Experience supervising and mentoring others
* Excellent writing, analytical and organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
* Demonstrated commitment to policy advocacy and administrative reform
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Commitment to working in and valuing collaborative team models
* Proficiency in languages other than English is desirable, but not required
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com .