* Admission to the New York State Bar
* Experience working with incarcerated persons
* Strong constitutional and civil rights background is preferred
* Knowledge of New York City Department of Correction and Article 78 practice is preferred
* Commitment to client-centered training and practice
* Excellent speaking, organizational, writing, interpersonal and teaching skills
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com .