* New York State Bar admission
* Minimum of three years' experience in New York criminal defense practice or at the intersection of immigration and criminal law
* Excellent research, writing, analytical, oral advocacy and organizational skills
* Interest in developing new approaches to representing clients with immigration issues
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team and to manage challenging, varied and complex cases
* Proficiency in languages other than English is desirable, but not required.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com .