* Admission to NY State Bar, pending admission to the NY State Bar, or admission to any other state bar with immediate ability to waive into the NY State Bar
* One year removal defense experience including law school clinics and internships or at least two years representing indigent clients post law school graduation
* Demonstrated commitment to representing low-income, disadvantaged clients
* Immigration law and trial experience preferred
* Excellent writing, analytical, and organizational skills
* Interest in developing new approaches to representing detained noncitizens
* Ability to work with pro bono lawyers
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
* Ability to manage a high volume of cases
* Proficiency in languages other than English is desirable, but not required
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Women, People of Color, LGBTQ+ communities, Veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .