|Join The Center for Elder Law & Justice (CELJ) and become part of an energetic team of advocates that provides a wide-range of legal services.
We are looking to fill a paralegal position to work in an exciting new role on our Office of Victim Services (OVS) grant. The ideal candidate will have legal services background with a strong compassion for public service work.
We are a 48 person nonprofit law office with three offices located throughout Western New York. It is our mission to use the legal system to help our clients live independently and with dignity.
- 2-5 years of experience
- Experience with elder abuse and financial exploitation, very helpful
- Highly motivated and passionate about public service work
- College degree, or equivalent paralegal experience required; paralegal certificate helpful
- Excellent writing, speaking and organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while exhibiting patience and diplomacy
- Potential travel, required
- May need to work evening hours, as needed
CELJ offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Thirteen holidays a year, plus two half-day holidays
- Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Payment of license fees and association dues
- Encouragement of professional development
Email cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager, Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.