|Join The Center for Elder Law & Justice (CELJ) and become part of an energetic team of advocates that provides a wide-range of legal services.
We are looking to fill an Attorney position to work in an exciting new role on our Office of Victim Services (OVS) grant. The ideal candidate will have legal services background with a strong compassion for public service work.
Must be assertive, compassionate, demonstrate good judgement, be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to communicate effectively and work efficiently.
We are a 48 person nonprofit law office with three offices located throughout Western New York. It is our mission to use the legal system to help our clients live independently and with dignity.
- Admitted to practice in NYS
- 1 - 5 years of practice experience
- Experience with elder abuse and financial exploitation, very helpful
- Legal services background, or knowledge of general civil legal work
- Strong professional, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, with a high caseload
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while exhibiting patience and diplomacy
- Potential travel, required
- May need to work evening hours, as required
CELJ offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Thirteen holidays a year, plus two half-day holidays
- Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Payment of license fees and association dues
- Encouragement of professional development
Send cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls please.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply