STAFF ATTORNEY - OVS LEGAL PROJECT (ADMITTED)
The OVS Legal Project is a collaborative project between the Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY (LASROC) and the Willow Domestic Violence Center (Willow). This attorney will be an employee of LASROC and will provide legal assistance, advice, and counsel to victims of domestic violence in family law matters. This attorney will be located at Willow. The target population for this project will consist of victims seeking assistance from Willow, as well as other victims as assigned by LASROC. The attorney will provide brief legal assistance and screening for family law and other civil legal issues. The goal of the project is to increase access to legal counsel for survivors of domestic violence in an effort to remove any impediments to their safety, paving the way to a safe and empowered life.
- Juris Doctor & admission to the New York State Bar.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, and organization.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Strong negotiating ability.
- Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas efficiently and accurately.
- Respectful and empathetic consideration for clients.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and community partners.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
- Writing Sample (send to email@example.com)
- Unofficial Transcripts (if admitted under five years) (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, N.Y., 14614.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.