The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY is seeking a qualified attorney to provide legal representation to clients to low and middle-income litigants in Family Court & Supreme Court in matrimonial cases and other family matters in Monroe, Orleans, and other surrounding counties with a focus on victims of domestic violence. The attorney will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LAS, which is the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate income litigants. Services include direct representation, legal counseling, community outreach, education, and training.
- Must possess a Juris Doctor.
- Admission to NYS Bar or eligible for admission
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level of organization and independence, legal research skills, strong negotiating ability, ability to think and speak quickly and accurately.
- Excellent writing skills, respect, and consideration for clients and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others in a team.
- Reliable transportation required.
Please send the following information to be considered:
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, N.Y., 14614.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.