The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY is seeking a qualified Social Worker to assist the Attorney for the Child by interviewing and providing support services to clients in cases involving child abuse and neglect, visitation, permanent termination of parental rights and custody, juvenile delinquency and persons in need of supervision. The Social Worker will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LAS, which is the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate income litigants.
- Master's degree in Social Work is preferred or a Bachelor's degree with two years of relevant experience.
- High level of initiative, independence, and organization.
- Self-driven, strategic thinker that is able to work individually and as a team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Respect and consideration towards our clients.
- Possess strong PC skills to include Word and Excel.
- Reliable transportation is required due to the multiple counties that we serve.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1
West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, N.Y., 14614.
LASROC is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and desires a diverse workforce. People of color, women, persons with
disabilities, persons who are elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender
are welcomed and encouraged to apply.