The Legal Assistant will provide quality legal services to our clients, many of whom are victims of domestic violence. The Legal Assistant will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LAS; the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate income litigants.
The Legal Assistant will draft documents, schedule appointments, compile report statistics, open and maintain case files, perform legal research, serve and file papers with the court, monitor and answer all supreme court calendars, perform errands and conduct intake screener duties as needed, and maintain a working relationship with community agencies. Matrimonial experience is a plus. The Legal Assistant will also provide support to other programs as needed.
- High School Diploma. Associate's degree in Paralegal Studies or relevant field is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Good writing and people skills a plus
- Strong computer skills in standard office programs.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
Send Resume, Cover Letter and Professional References: to Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, N.Y., 14614 or https://lasroc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31.
LASROC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and desires a diverse workforce. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, persons who are elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender are welcomed and encouraged to apply.