Candidates MUST HAVE/SUBMIT:
* 5-20 years' demonstrated commitment to public defense, social justice, and racial justice;
* New York State bar admission (or ability to waive into New York State from another jurisdiction);
* Should be in compliance with First Department Felony requirements, including experience a first chair for trials;
* Knowledge of felony sentencing;
* Experience with direct and cross examination of expert witnesses; and
* Knowledge of relevant New York State laws including evidence laws, criminal and constitutional laws, statutory interpretation, and ethical principles contained in the Rules of Professional Conduct.
* Required documents for this position are:
- Cover Letter
- Law School Transcript
- List Of Trials
You must INCLUDE a list of trials where you served as first chair and whether they were misdemeanors or felonies. Please submit the list, along with the other required documents as a single PDF.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com .