* Minimum two years of experience as a litigator and/or experience working with a population impacted by chronic or critical illness
* Experience in housing litigation desirable, but not required
* Knowledge of family, public, and government benefits law desirable, but not required
* Excellent written and oral advocacy skills
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team and manage a high volume of cases
* Demonstrated commitment and experience in public interest law and civil legal services
* Ability to coordinate and collaborate successfully with other groups and organizations
* Excellent organizational skills
* Proficiency in languages other than English is desirable, but not required
* Admitted to NYS bar
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Women, People of Color, Gays and Lesbians, Transgender People, Veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .