|Posted by: Rachel Haseley, Human Resource Manager - 7/11/2017
|Job Expires: 8/11/2017
|The Center for Elder Law & Justice, Inc. ("CELJ") is actively seeking a full-time, dynamic paralegal to work within the Guardianship Department in a benefits coordination capacity. Interview preference will be given to candidates who evidence a commitment to access to justice for the disenfranchised.
- Completion of applications for client benefits, and continued support through benefits lifecycle
- Preparation of applications to become representative payee
- Reviewing of annual Health Insurance selections and prescription coverage
- Handles recertification process and responsible for keeping Guardianship department apprised of benefit issues
Preferred qualifications include:
Some travel may be required
- Knowledge of appeals process and Fair Hearing experience, strongly preferred
- Knowledge surrounding all Federal and State benefits, including: Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, SSP, SNAP, Medicaid, Medicare, Health Insurance, Veterans? Benefits, Pensions and Pension Benefits, long-term and life insurance
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- College degree or equivalent paralegal experience required; paralegal certificate helpful
- Must be very organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while exhibiting patience and diplomacy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as basic research skills
- Familiarity with legal technology and computer databases
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn quickly
Email cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager at Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls, please.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Copyright © 2001-2017 WNYLC|